+ Mercedes-Benz Cars of a class M (W163)
+ Governing bodies and receptions of safe operation
+ Current leaving and service
+ Systems of cooling, heating and air conditioner
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
- Systems of electric equipment of the engine
- Ignition and engine management systems
Main data and security measures
Checks of a control system by ignition and injection
Search of malfunctions - the general information and preliminary checks
Check and adjustment of a corner of an advancing of ignition
Removal and installation of coils of ignition, - petrol models
Removal and installation of the sensor of provision of a cranked shaft (CKP)
Removal and installation of the sensor of provision of a camshaft (CMP), - the series 111 engine
Removal and installation of the sensor of the Hall of a camshaft, - petrol engines of series 112, 113 and diesel engines of a series 612
Removal and installation of sensors of a detonation (KS), - petrol engines
+ System of preheat of the diesel engine
+ Diagnostics of systems of electronic control and diagnostic equipment
+ charge and start Systems
+ Manual box of gear shifting
+ Avtomaticheckaya transmission
+ Transmission line
+ Brake and auxiliary systems
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Search of malfunctions - the general information and preliminary checks
The system of ignition and fuel system are the interconnected components of a control system of the engine therefore some of its components can carry out also certain functions concerning functioning of fuel system.
The system of ignition and fuel system have the general diagnostic system intended for preservation of codes of malfunctions (DTC) and carrying out diagnostics. At refusal identification the module of management writes down the corresponding DTC code representing some sequence of signals which can be считана by means of the special scanner in memory of the processor.
Reading of information which is storing in memory of the ECM processor in most cases allows to define the reasons of failures in operation of the engine of the car. The analysis of only a few information with application of the list of codes (see.) the refusal source at level of a concrete element, or a chain of its electroconducting allows to localize specifications.
It is not enough visual check of electroconducting and sockets - surely consider information which is storing in memory of the control unit!
- If malfunction arose soon after performance of service of any knot, first of all it is necessary to investigate carefully this knot and the components located in the neighbourhood, - is not excluded that the cause of failure is connected with elementary violation of quality of contact connection.
- At carrying out searches of causes of infringement of serviceability of functioning of the engine (for example, falling of the developed capacity) always it is meaningful to check a compression in cylinders. Watch, that replacement of air and fuel filters was made according to the maintenance Schedule (see. Head of the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases).
- Remember that after reading of codes of malfunctions and introduction of the corresponding corrections memory of the module of management should be cleared.
- Open a cowl and check reliability of fixing of tips of wires on polar plugs of the battery, make sure of lack of signs of oxidation of terminal connections. In case of need make the appropriate measures on debugging (see. Head of the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases), the failed components replace. Study a condition of tires of grounding and their terminal connections not less attentively, - contact surfaces of the corresponding elements of weight (the power unit / body panels) should be absolutely pure and free from corrosion traces.
- Further, attentively examine all visible electroconducting laid in an impellent compartment, check reliability of contact connections. Having strongly pronounced signs of damage electroconducting replace, having tracked correctness of laying of plaits, in case of need tighten weakened fixture of knots about which isolation frayed.
Risk zone always are the sites of electroconducting passing near components which service was made in the most recent time.
- It is necessary to remember that tokoprovodny veins of electroconducting can appear damaged in the absence of signs of damage of isolation, - in a similar situation external survey will not give positive results. Similar damages can result from a pulling of wires, or at violation of routes of laying of plaits.
- To restore the damaged electroconducting it is possible by a vpaivaniye on a site of break of a shunting vein, - the soldering provides reliability of electric contact. For repair of isolation use an insulating tape, or plant on a wire a piece of a thermoshrinkable tube. Remember that the best (though not the cheapest) way of elimination of all interfaced to damage of electroconducting of refusals is replacement of the failed wire.
- Having finished regenerative repair / having picked up replacement, track correctness of laying of the corresponding plaits, special attention giving to the sites of routes passing near warmed-up surfaces and moving components in an impellent compartment. Track reliability of fixing of plaits in all provided intermediate clamps.
- Check a condition of all available terminal connections, check reliability of fastening of contact sockets of electroconducting. At identification on an internal surface of the socket of traces of corrosion (white or green a rust adjournment/raid), and also at excessive pollution, remove the socket from the corresponding plug and carefully clear, having in case of need used special spray. Seriously damaged sockets are subject to replacement, - in certain cases in a set with an electroconducting plait.
- After cleaning of the socket of traces of corrosion fill it before installation to the place of preserving greasing, - in case of need consult with specialists of car-care center.
- On all models considered in the real Management the inductive sensor of provision of a cranked shaft (CKP) by means of which position VMT of the piston of the first cylinder is defined also is used. Excessive pollution / запыление the sensor can be at the bottom of ignition admissions. The description of procedures of removal/installation of the CKP sensor is provided in the Section Removal and installation of the sensor of provision of a cranked shaft (CKP).
- Attentively examine hoses and tubes of all vacuum lines of an impellent compartment. Check reliability of a tightening of fixing collars, make sure of absence of deformations, cracks, cuts, stratifications and other physical damages of hoses/tubes. Attentively study shtutserny knots on existence of signs of violation of tightness. It is necessary to give special attention to a condition of the lines laid near keen edges. Losses of depression are usually accompanied by characteristic whistle at which identification it is necessary to grease a suspected site of a hose with soap solution, - it is possible to consider a source of leak found if when drawing solution stability of turns of the engine raises. Tighten weakened collars, replace the damaged lines.
- Estimate a condition and check passableness of hoses of system of ventilation of a case, - the quantity of hoses and a place of their installation depends on concrete model of the car, nevertheless, on all engines is used, connecting the top part of the power unit a sleeve of an inlet air path, or the inlet pipeline. Separate hoses are applied to connection with the inlet pipeline of the block of cylinders / маслозаливной mouths, - on them karterny gases are taken away in chambers of combustion of cylinders. Excessive pollution or violation of passableness of ventilating hoses involves violation of stability of turns, - especially single, - the engine.
- Moving from a fuel tank to the fuel distributive highway (through fuel) the filter along fuel pipelines, attentively study a condition of fuel lines. Special attention give to places of a joint of tubes where cracks through which leaks start to develop more often are formed. The damaged sections of fuel lines replace.
- Uncover an air purifier and check a condition of a filtering element. Excessively polluted filter is capable to increase considerably total aerodynamic resistance of an inlet air path that directly affects capacity developed by the engine. In case of need replace filtering element.
- Start the engine and leave it working at single turns.
At performance of any works in an impellent compartment at the working engine observe extreme care, - try not to touch the warmed-up surfaces of the power unit and system of production of the fulfilled gases, do not allow hit of locks of hair and free elements of clothes in moving components (the fan of system of cooling, a belt of a drive of auxiliary units)!
- Moving from an air inlet to an air purifier and further - to the throttle case, make sure of lack of signs of development of leakages of air in an inlet path. For identification of sources of leaks it is possible to use soap solution again. Make necessary corrections.
- Tire out the car on the lift and study a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases. Make sure of lack of signs of development of leaks, - it is simplest to reveal thinnesses of a final path it is possible by a blockage of its exhaust outlet, - characteristic whistle and smoke will help to localize the damaged site. Tighten weakened collars / replace the failed sealing laying, establish instead of damaged new section (and).
- At the final stage of check start the engine and serially pull contact sockets of its electroconducting, - change of kind of work of the engine will testify to bad quality of contact, - make necessary corrections / replace the failed sites of electroconducting.
- If during carrying out preliminary checks to identify a cause of infringement of stability of operation of the engine it is not possible, the car should be driven away on service station for performance of more careful diagnostics with use of the special equipment.